CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Highlights

So we are coming up on the closing of week three here in college. It's already been filled with emotion, laughter, drama, tears, and incredible games of xbox soccer and frisbee. It's about midnight and Kelsey is asleep, but since I took a sinfully long nap today, I'm not tired..at all. So I decided to tell all you awesome bloggers the highlights of the last few weeks.


I've been to the Jon Foreman and Andy Davis shows. Jon Foreman is the lead singer of Switchfoot, for those of you who live in a hole, and he put out four solo albums this past year. I was lucky enough to catch one of his solo shows and I'm pretty sure it was top five. Got some incredible pictures, and I think I'm finally getting the hang of my camera. Andy Davis I actually didn't listen to when I went to see him, but Kelsey is OBSESSED, so I went along. WOW I was missin out on some legit stuff. This guy rocks. We met him after the show, and he was really nice and took a picture with Kelsey, which I'm pretty sure she didn't let me forget for a few days. The next few weeks also hold some incredible shows. My friend Meredith and I are heading to Chattanooga on Sunday to catch Bethany Dillon and Shane & Shane. I seriously will never get sick of seeing these three live. They are simply incredible. Dave Barnes is next Friday, which I am STOKED for, because I have never been able to catch this guy live! I love Nashville, and the abundance of shows in the area.

I went to Derek Webb's house last week, which I really enjoyed, not only because it was Derek Webb's house, but because we had this incredible discussion with the pastor of our RUF group about faith, and different questions people had about its components and other different parts of Christianity. The pastor, Kevin Twit, is so incredibly intelligent. I have a lot of respect for the man. People were definitely asking some difficult questions, and he barely blinked. Incredible. And I met Sandra and Derek Webb, so overall, a great night.

I went home last weekend for Sarah Chisholm's (now Sarah Miller) wedding. It was absolutely beautiful. I cried...and I never cry. I went with three of my best friends, and got to spend time with four of my best friends for an entire weekend. It was incredible. I hated leaving them. But come fall break, we are partying it up gangsta style. I love those girls so much, because I know I can count on them. It's been hard for me to find that lately. AND they are SO much fun to be with. I can be myself. LOVE YOU GIRLS!!!! I got to see my family last weekend too. I missed them, and it wasn't long before my sister and I were biting at each other again. Good times!! She will be sixteen on Monday. Thats so weird. She will be driving. WEIRD.

I've had a few incredible nights out the past few weeks, but I'll save those for another post later.

As for now, I think it's time to end this blog. 

Be blessed,
mac


0 comments: