This is currently the stack of books sitting by my bed. Yes, I'm one of those dorks who enjoys reading, but I can't help it! There are books I'm currently reading, books I've been reading for a while, books I'm re-reading, journals and bibles. From bottom to top: travel lyric journal, Shopaholic Ties The Knot by Sophie Kinsela, new journal I just bought handmade in Nepal, a digital photography handbook, The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis, The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, my Bible (NLT), The Message Bible, Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell, and finally my current journal. Thats eleven books in all.
My travel lyric journal is just that, a journal that I take with me to write lyrics in. Its slowly filling up.
STTK is part of a series I started reading when a friend gave me the first book because I needed something to read on a trip. I've been reading this one for a while now. Its about a girl who shops too much and when her boyfriend pops the question, she is determined to not go overboard with wedding spending, although she fails miserably. A completely girly book.
The new journal I bought at Barnes and Nobles is possibly the coolest thing ever. The cover is made of hand woven hemp and each page was hand-made. You can see the grains and other imperfections in the paper. I haven't started writing in it yet, but I can't wait.
I recently received a Nikon D40 SLR (picture above taken with it). Its basically a fancy way of saying a camera I've wanted for a long time. It gorgeous, but I have been reading the handbook to learn more about the settings on it, so I can take better quality pictures.
The Great Divorce can't be explained with words. C.S. Lewis is a brilliant writer and this book is so eloquently written I can't even describe it to you. Read it and you won't be disappointed.
The Ragamuffin Gospel is a look into how the Gospel isn't for the put together and self righteous, but rather it is for the "ragamuffins" and weak and broken. This book explores into that idea. It's completely altered the way I see Jesus, and how I approach the Bible.
P&P is the most recent addition to "the stack". Jane Austen-need I say more?
My Bibles-the two most important books in there.
Velvet Elvis is making its second trip through the stack. I read it the first time in two days, but now I'm reading it again trying to soak it all in. Its such a refreshingly honest book. Bell says what he means. Greatness.
My current journal is filled with everything from drawings to ventings to lyrics to favorite quotes and verses. Not sure where I would be without it.
Not sure what the point of telling you ANY of that was, but I think now you know me a bit better.
Until next time,
Mac
ps. check out the song "overboard" by matthew if you get the chance. INCREDIBLE
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
The Stack
Posted by
MacKenzie
at
1:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment