So this past weekend was one of the best in a long time. When all you do is work on the weekends, it's nice to take one off and enjoy being around friends. Recap:
Friday:
After turning in a paper that I spent all of Thursday night working on, I headed to Irving to join Addison Road at their Dallas stop on the Planet Wisdom tour. I spent most of this night listening to the conference and Mark Matlock, who I must say, is a very good speaker. He really opened my heart up to some things in my life I think I have been denying were there. Wrote two new songs that night as well which I'll post when I get them fine-tuned.
Saturday:
Headed back up to Irving and spent that day at PW taking pictures, helping pack up, and getting to know the guys of the band. We played a couple of games of 31, and after I was annihilated the first round I came back and won second the next game. Watch out Jeff. Next time I won't be so nice. =] I'm excited to be spending some more time with everyone in the months to come. They are incredible people. When Travis started dancing on stage, I couldn't help but laugh. He was letting his feet go! 2 weeks until the new album!!
Saturday (night):
My friend Laura's birthday was on Valentine's Day so we celebrated her birthday Saturday. We went to this incredible Asian food restaurant. I enjoyed my prime short ribs, while everyone around me enjoyed endless rolls of sushi...ick. This is the birthday girl and what was left of her dessert after everyone else demolished it. It was delicious. =] After a delicious dinner and fun conversations with friends, we all headed to our cars. Somehow 6 of ended up packed into my friends tiny little passat. Four of us were sitting in the back completely uncomfortable the entire time, but having an incredible time. We drove around north dallas with the windows and sun room down and music blasting at an unhealthy level. I just sat there, soaking it in. I nearly cried a couple of times. Once was because when we got out of the car my back gave out and I fell...but the other was because I think it was the first time it truly hit me that my time with my friends is almost gone. We are all seniors, heading to different parts of the country in five months with busy schedules this summer. I don't think I ever have appreciated how blessed I am to have the incredible friends I have as I did that night. I said something jokingly to my best friend Amy that night as I sat with my body awkwardly placed next to her.
"Amy I've never felt as close to you as I do right now."
While this was sarcastic, I think everybody agreed that it was completely true. We simply were enjoying each other's presence. I was thinking "This is what life is truly about. Spending time with the people you love, doing something a little crazy (and maybe a little illegal), and enjoying every minute of it." I am so sad that this year is flying by. Before I know it, I'll be saying goodbye to everyone, packing up, and moving to Nashville for the next four years. I love these girls with all my heart. I don't think I would trade that night for anything.
Brooke Fraser says in her song Deciphering Me "It's love, it's love that holds us, we will be alright."
She's absolutely right.
Mac
0 comments:
Post a Comment