CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Celebrate Good Times COME ON!

I'm in Mexico. Cancun to be precise. It was time for our family to take a trip so we headed here. Its been crazy so far.


The trip started out with it taking six hours to actually get to Cancun. We had to land in Cozumel because of the storms here, and we sat on the runway there for over an hour. Once we finally got to Cancun and our first stop in customs, we went to go get our bags. Of course, whose bag was missing? Yup. Mine. They were hoping it would come in on the next flight, but because of the storms, they weren't sure if the plane would even make it in. So I slept in the same clothes I traveled in, brushed my teeth my sisters toothpaste and a towel from the hotel. It was not my favorite day. My bag finally came in late yesterday though. Praise the Lord it did because I don't think I would have been able to handle one more minute in those nasty clothes. I smelled like airplane, beach water, greasy food, and hotel. Not a great combination.  

It's our third day here, but unfortunately our first day to actually go outside. Tropical storm Dolly hit yesterday and the day before we experienced the beginnings of that. Some incredible storms and lightning blew through here. It was such a great sight, but going outside was like walking through hurricane force winds. 

Today was beautiful, surprising due to the insane weather the past few days, but the water was so blue and it was a perfect 83 degrees outside, with just enough wind to keep you from getting too hot. I spent all day outside getting tanned mostly with just the slightest hint of sun burn on my face. I guess a day can't be too perfect. Tomorrow, snorkeling is on the agenda. I can't wait to see how that goes.

We are having dinner tonight in the hotel. It's one of those, get dressed up really fancy with make-up and nice hair, restaurants. Actually, most of the restaurants here are like that. Men have to wear pants, women have to look nice, you have to make a reservation two days before. If you know me at all, I'm not one of those, dress up and make-up kind of girls. So this will be an adventure. We will see if I can actually handle one night of the pretty girl life. This will be interesting.

It's funny how different people really are. How not one person is the same. There are people here from all around the world. Different countries, different dialects, different colors, styles, and habits. Just being here for three days has really shown me how unique the world is. Just the way people behave here, the things they wear (or don't wear) on the beach, or how they treat those people around them, really shows the differences in cultures and nations around the world. It's cool really. Seeing how the German men are completely opposite of the Latin American men,  or the British women from the Australian women. I love people watching. Except I don't like people watching, when you happen to come across people not wearing clothes. Ick. That tends to happen a lot here. Different cultures, different ways. 

Well I need to finish getting all pretty, but I will update once more before this trip is over. OOOO the bomb episode of Grey's is on. Ciao folks!!


Mac

0 comments: