Not only is that the song I'm currently listening to (by Amos Lee), but it also happens to be the theme of this past week.
Fall in Nashville is absolutely incredible. You have trees that are turning the most stunning shades of red and gold, and the weather is cold and gray feeling. I'm from Texas and I don't handle cold weather very well, so when it's in the high forties low fifties, I turn a slight blue color. Those temperatures are like the winter temps for Dallas, yet they are only early fall for Nashie. I can't imagine what it will be like come December and January. Oh the thought of it makes me shiver. But I have loved getting coats out and having an excuse to wear sweatpants more often. But now I'm slowly getting to the point where I want it to be warmer again. Guess there isn't much of a chance for that for a few months eh?
I spent all weekend with my very colorful friends (seriously I love throwing in the "color factor"). Friday night we watched two very gory movies, Sin City and Fight Club, neither of which I had ever seen before. Surprisingly, I really enjoyed them, Fight Club more than Sin City though. We were watching Fight Club, and the movie started skipping cause our friend Joseph's copy of the movie (of course his favorite movie!) was scratched and we had to skip almost three scenes before we got fed up and made him run to get another copy from our friend's roommate. He wanted us to time him and see how long it would take him to run across campus and get the DVD and back, so we got the timer ready and said "GO!"
He ran face-first, full speed into the wall.
There is a dent there now. It was one of the funniest things I may have seen in my entire life. We were all red in the face with laughter.
Saturday night we went to Waffle House...at midnight. It was so dark I could see that yellow sign from miles away. Now I had never been to the WH before because #1) They don't really exist in west plano and #2) IHOP is much..cleaner..for lack of a better term. So we get to the WH, order our food, and just enjoy each other's company. We get our food, and almost immediately after I take my first bite of bacon, someone points out that this WH we are sitting in got a 70 on their health inspection test as posted by the big green number on the piece of blue paper.
That's right. 7-0. That is the minimum grade people.
I just choked back the gag reflex and kept eating. Wasn't half bad, but I prefer IHOP.
Tonight, we celebrated my friend Bethany's birthday. She turned 19 yesterday so we celebrated with The Cheesecake Factory. I ate so much I almost had to loosen my belt a notch. I didn't, but I almost had to. We had a good time in fellowship, eating more than someone of the human race should. The waitress was super sweet, making jokes, and laughing at the irony of the fact that she really didn't even like cheesecake, yet she chose The Cheesecake Factory to work at.
So overall, I had a great weekend, and I'm ready to get this week started. Tomorrow, Anne, Meredith, and I are headed to Lewisburg to see my friends from Addison Road play. Can't wait to see them and see how touring with Building 429 has been. Seriously, talk about living the dream.
Finally I have to give one final shout out to my wonderful roommate Kelsey. We all play some harmless pranks and jokes on her, yet she takes it like a trooper. Kels, sorry we pick on you so much! Thank you for not shunning us or killing me in particularly in my sleep. Love ya!
Have a colorful week everyone and find the hope in the day.
Mac
0 comments:
Post a Comment