We all know what tomorrow is. If you don't, then seriously you might just live in a hole. But to enlighten you, tomorrow is election day for the next president of the United States of America. Now I don't want to be one of those people who is writing post after post about how they hate Obama or how Palin has no experience. I'll stick to my vote, and let you stick to yours.
I do want to say one thing though. It seems to me that the people of this country are looking for the man who is going to save the country. Here's the problem with that thinking. Both of these men have something in common: humanity. They are humans, just like you, me, and everyone else in this world. They are not going to be our Saviour. We already have One. They are going to mess up just like every other President has done. Bush made his mistakes, Clinton before him made his mistakes, and the next President, whether McCain or Obama, will do the same. He will do some things that we like, and a lot of things we will not like. That's the fact of life. We can't expect somebody imperfect to come in and run perfectly. All we can do is cast our vote, and hope the next man in Office will do more right than wrong, but ultimately knowing that God will take care of us in the end. We just have to pray that our new leader, no matter who it is, will follow God's direction.
So good luck to you, the voters, tomorrow, and to both candidates tomorrow.
Mac
1 comments:
great thoughts- I am really glad you posted...I've added you to my reading list
www.katemcdonald.wordpress.com
Post a Comment