I know I said I would write once I got finished with finals, but I guess I was a little late on that one. This break has been so busy, but so incredible and refreshing. I was a college sponsor for the youth group's ski trip where I snow bladed with some good friends. I had my entire mom's side of the family in town for Christmas and New Years, which simply means food, food, and more food. I just got back a day or two ago from a retreat at the summer camp I have been going to for 8 years and will be working at this summer, where the Lord broke open a part of me after I had let it harden over the past few months. Overall, this break has been incredible, yet I think I'm ready to get back to Nashville. That's home now and I'm homesick.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Starting the Chase
I've actually been meaning to write for a few weeks now, but I tend to write what's on my heart, and my heart has been filled with words and thoughts that were a little TOO personal to put here. The Lord has been moving in big ways this break and maybe I'll get to a point where I can share some of those thoughts. For now all I can say is that I'm going to finally open my eyes and start actually chasing my dreams, rather than keeping them closed and simply leaving them as dreams.
Here is something new I wrote. Let me know what you think.
The Midnight Sun
The rain is falling
But I don't mind
With you near
I'm sure I'll be fine
Though your face
Says "run"
Your actions
Say "come"
And my feet move forward
No hesitation
Cause I've wanted all my life
To see the sun at midnight
And finally your light
Has broken through the sky
There's no need
To hide anymore
As long as my sun
Will be by my side
Every second past
Is another second lost
And though you promise forever
Is forever long enough?
Posted by
MacKenzie
at
3:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
i love it!
Post a Comment