CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 31, 2009

9 of 2009

So it's New Years Eve. 2009 is on its way out, and 2010 is making its grand entrance. Weird. I can't believe a year has passed already. It seems like yesterday when I was challenging my best friend to a taco bell eating contest [worst idea in the world], and getting ready for a camp retreat. But here I am, one year later, taco bell - less, and getting ready for a new years bash with camp friends before our retreat tomorrow. A lot has happened this year. Here are a few things I am thanking the Lord for this year. Consider it my 9 of '09.

1. Sky Ranch 2009. Lets be real, I came out of camp a completely different person than I was before. My views on life and how I handle relationships was completely changed, not to mention my relationship with the Lord and how I view everything differently now that I see things through His eyes. Everything is much more beautiful.

2. My Sky Ranch Family. The people that I met at camp this summer, especially my co-counselors, have been such a blessing in my life this semester. I think I would have been back at home if it wasn't for them. Their encouragement and wisdom has helped me through so much. They have become like long-lost siblings.

3. Nick Jordan. Cheesy? Probably. But I have enjoyed going through life with him the past few months. He has made things in my life clearer for me.

4. Struggle. I never thought I would be thankful for my struggles. The struggles I dealt with the first half of the year allowed me to connect with campers on a deeper level and offer them advice through personal experience. The struggles I wrestled with after summer have led to a more intimate relationship with Christ, and led to a group of friends that I'm so ecstatic to have.

5. My Family. It's encouraging and refreshing to be able to come home to an environment where I feel loved and supported. I'm thankful for the family God blessed me with everyday.

6. Jesus. I mean, DUH. But in all honesty this year has really made me thankful for the sacrifice He made. I don't deserve it. Not one bit. But I am so thankful that He did and that now He calls me to His mission field to go to battle for Him. He doesn't need me, but He uses me regardless of my short comings.

7. Mocha Club. I have thoroughly enjoyed working for them this semester. I now realize why God laid Africa so heavily on my heart for the previous year and it was because He wanted me at MC. The relationships I built and the work I did were so good for my heart. I loved getting to do something for someone that truly needed my help in a place where they really need it. It helped open my eyes to the fact that the world is bigger than America and bigger than my own problems.

8. Fall. Gosh I love it. Perfect weather, perfectly painted leaves on trees, perfect weather to see my God in. I love fall so much. Sometimes it is the little things. And it was this fall that I decided to change the way I viewed things in my life. It was a new beginning for me.

9. Joy. If there was one thing I needed to find this year it was how to find joy in the Lord. The concept was something I had heard in Bible Study and church sermons, but really didn't understand how it worked. After camp though, I made the connection, and life has been different since. It is still a struggle, but it is something that I strive after everyday. Psalm 16:11.

The one word that surmises it all: growth. I'm glad 2009 is over because that means 2010 is a new year of learning and growth and realizations. I'm excited for it. So happy new year my friends. Get ready for a brand new year to start over with.

0 comments: