CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I'm An Adult?

ON BEING 18

Well another birthday has come and gone. I guess this one was kind of a big deal. I mean 18 is a big deal right? Technically I'm adult in the eyes of the state. I can buy cigarettes, lottery tickets, and porn (not that I plan to). I can sign most forms by myself now and get tattoos and piercings without parental consent. I can also be tried as an adult in court, and carry alcohol. WHOOO HOO! But really I don't feel like an adult. I feel the same as I did at 17 just with the added pride of saying I'm 18. 18 sounds cooler. This morning though I was on my way to school and had a cute little experience. You see currently I have writing all over my car. Things like "I'm legal!" and "HONK I'm the birthday girl!" (yes i get at least a honk a day) are covering my car, not to mention the orange and yellow heart on my front windshield. Well on my way to school this morning, a little girl waiting for the bus saw my car and was pointing and laughing because she liked the heart. It made her happy. I like making people happy. It makes me happy. =] Oh and I will be skydiving as part of my 18th birthday celebration, so I will let you know about that! Lets hope I survive.

ON MUSIC

My friends know I love music, so for my birthday I've received about $50.00 in iTunes giftcards. GLORIOUS. Here is some of the stuff I have bought in the last week (not all of it was with the money, but most):

This Will Destroy You "Young Mountain" album
Hawk Nelson "Hawk Nelson is My Friend" album
Explosions in the Sky "The Earth is Not A Cold Dead Place" album
Dave Barnes "You, Me, and the World" album
Jars of Clay "Work"
Iron & Wine "Naked As We Came"
Bloc Party "Positive Tension"
Nada Surf "Always Love"

ON MY ISSUE WITH RAP MUSIC
I can't stand the stuff. I argue with my sister and other people all the time about it. The argument starts with me saying I can't stand the lyrics because of the profanity and the subject of the lyrics. It's always degrading. I then get this rebuttal, "But I don't listen to the lyrics, I just listen to the music!" You're KIDDING me right? So if I was to turn on the latest 50 Cent hit, you wouldn't know all the words? Of course you would! So that part of your argument is shot down, now on to destroy the second part. Yes its "music" so to speak, but really? The background "music" is completely made on a computer. Every now and then a legitimate instrument will make it in, but not very often. It's not music in the background people. That's electronic. If you want to listen to MUSIC and not the lyrics here are some suggestions that are actually something good:
Sigur Ros-The lyrics are either in Icelandic, or Hopelandic (a made up language). The lyrics are meant to act as another instrument.
Explosions In The Sky-As I said above, I bought their "The Earth is Not A Cold Dead Place" album and it is phenomenal. Really laid back and chill. Great if you need to think.
This Will Destroy You-Basically the same as above, but phenomenal on a different level. It's an emotional album.

ON SUMMING UP
I never know how to finish these things. I guess I leave saying a few things I'm excited for:
Shawn McDonald on Friday
GMA week in 12 days
Skydiving in a month or so

Well have a great week and I'll try and be better about updating.

Mac Flizzow

1 comments:

ashley marble said...

yeah!!!!! thanks for the music advice:-)