So I just got back from GMA week with Addison Road. I journaled a lot this week so I want to share that with you guys, but I want to start with the most recent journal and move backwards. Keep things interesting. Anyways here is part one.
Finally got onto a plane home after being delayed for two hours. To be honest, I had a small hope in the pit of my stomach that I would get stuck and never have to come back. This place has already taken on a feeling of home. I think its the fact that I feel at peace there. I know deep down that Nashville is where I'm supposed to be, but it is so hard to wait. God wants me there, and I want too go. I know I wouldn't feel this calmness if it truly wasn't where I was supposed to be.
But now I'm flying over "home", wrapped in a sea of clouds and colors. I don't know if the colors are just the sun reflected off the window or the actual sky, but I know its beautiful. Its a blue like I've never seen. Its pictures of beauty like this that truly make me want to cry. God is such an incredible artist.
I'm reading Through Painted Deserts by Donald Miller and he talks about some of the most incredible things. About if we could truly give up caring about things that don't really matter, maybe humanity could be as we are created to be: worshipers of God. We are to worship Him in all we do, but we let retirement plans, and job promotions, and the latest cars, and the hottest hairstyles get in our way of that. It really makes me realize how much I have, but how much i OBSESS about not having enough, or about how well it works, etc. That isn't living life. Living is about praising God for what he has blessed us with, then following our passions to find our major plan in life that God has laid out for us. Sometimes that means stepping out of our comfort zones, taking risks, and doing things we may not be ready to do. Thats what life is about. It isn't checkbooks and televisions. It's worship and obedience and colors and love. Worship the Lord through the good times and bad. Obey Him when He says "GO!" Take in the colors and see in them the presence of something greater than ourselves. Love others no matter who they are, and even when it seems impossible, because love, about all other things of this world, is strong enough to break walls and move mountains. That is life. That's how I want to live.
On that note, I say goodnight.
Mac
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Reverse Journal Part 1 of 3
Posted by
MacKenzie
at
8:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment