Day two of GMAs is going well. It's been all interviews today...ALL DAY...which has actually been really fun, except mostly I just sit in the corner and don't talk. But I'm learning a lot.
So far here are all the people I've met:
-Mac Powell (Third Day)
-Shane Everett
-Chris Tomlin
-Louie Giglio
-The Afters
-Leeland Mooring (Leeland)
-Steven Curtis Chapman
-MercyMe
-33 Miles
-Sara Groves
-Thousand Foot Krutch
-Hawk Nelson
-Phil Wickham
-Laura Story
Here is who I've seen:
-Sanctus Real
-BarlowGirl
-Shawn McDonald
-Point of Grace
-Kutless
-NeedtoBreathe
-Rush of Fools
-Everyday Sunday
-Aaron Shust
-Mark Hall (Casting Crowns)
-Chris Sligh
-Rebecca St. James
-Alvin Slaughter
-Caedmon's Call
-Derek Webb
-John Cooper (Skillet)
-Run Kid Run
-Spoken
-Capitol Heights
-Children 18:3
-Todd Agnew
-TobyMac
-Jeremy Camp
-Adie Camp
Anyways, I've been sitting through interviews all day (I am currently in one) and I've picked up a lot of tips. I've realized that I tend to write these dark songs about my struggles and pain, but while this isn't wrong, Christian music is also about hope and redemption. It's ok to write dark songs because it's definitely an emotional outlet, but I need to write about the hope that Christ gives me and completion I find in Him. I am going to challenge myself to write a song in which people can find hope. People need to know about how I deal with struggles, but they HAVE to know about the hope I find in Christ after He brings me out of that struggle. That hope is what keeps me rooted in Him. The hope of a future that He is in control of. The hope in a love that is everlasting. The hope in the only One who will always be there no matter how far I stray.
All I have is hope in You
All I know is that you'll pull through
No matter how far I run
Or how stubborn I become
All I am is Your love, that's true.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Reverse Journal Part 2 of 3
Posted by
MacKenzie
at
7:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment