I have a very eclectic taste in music. I love almost every type of music. Almost being the key word. Can't stand degrading rap music thats dripping with profanity and sexual content. Who decided it was cool to listen to that anyways? I also very much dislike sappy country songs. Feeling sorry for yourself never got anyone any where (could it be a problem that I will be living in Nashville for the next four years?). Other than those two types, I love music. From acoustic pop to hard rock to bluegrass. It's all incredible. The next few types will be diving into some of my favorite artists, some CD reviews from my most recent purchases, and other topics including music. This could go anywhere. Read at your own risk!
Top 5 Favorite Artists/Bands:
1. Bethany Dillon-One word that describes her music: Inspired. I'm not sure whether it's her deep powerful lyrics or her folk-sy voice that makes me love her music so much, but I just can't get enough of it. One of her 3 CD's is always somewhere nearby and I can play about 75% of her songs on the guitar. She is the one that inspired me to play and begin writing in the first place. I always thought you had to be out of college with an eight person band backing you up before you could even consider being a serious musician. I saw her doing it and it changed my perspective on the music scene. Genius.
2. Addison Road-Not sure if I could love this band anymore. These people are SO sweet and truly love what they are doing and you can tell from their passion that they love the Lord. They are incredible worship leaders and their songs are so powerful. Check out their debut from INO March 18!! It is going to be INCREDIBLE!
3. BarlowGirl-3 sisters rocking out and doing what they love. I've never seen a band so devoted to getting their message across. These girls don't date, they take a stand on modesty, and they are doing an incredible job at getting our generation pumped up for Jesus. They aren't afraid to speak His name and they encourage their fans to do the same. Great music. Great message. Great stuff.
4. Shane & Shane-Words can't describe their music. Listen to it yourself. You won't be disappointed. Their most recent album "Pages" is about as close to perfection as it gets.
5. The Almost-The number five spot was a hard one to decide between The Almost, Paramore, and Shawn McDonald, but I made a decision. This spot will probably change on a regular basis. ANYWAYS, The Almost is a new band but with members familiar to the music world. Aaron Gillipse (drummer of Underoath) created the Almost. While varying vocally from Underoath's hard rock "screamo", The Almost still keeps that hard rock feel without the intensity of screaming. Their songs "Say it Sooner" "Southern Weather" and "Everyone Here Smells Like A Rat" rock on a different level. They then slow it down with "Dirty and Left Out" and the incredible version of amazing grace with "Amazing Because It Is". LOVE these guys and hope to see more of them.
I'll leave you with that. The next post or two will be reviews of two albums I bought today, "Overdressed" and "Polarity"...Look forward to it!
Be blessed, Mac
Monday, January 7, 2008
Music Mania Part 1
Posted by
MacKenzie
at
8:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment