CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Music Mania Part 2 - Review

The Wedding - Polarity

So I completely bought this CD on a random whim. I saw it, had heard one song off of it before, so I bought it. Wasn't expecting to like it all that much.

Man, was I wrong! Popped it into my CD player in my car, and it didn't get taken out until I had gone through it about eight times. Every song surprised me. "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead" begins with bagpipes! I mean c'mon, not many bands can pull that off! Then I-540 slows down a bit with a song about their sacrifice leaving their home in Arkansas, only to completely surprise me again with the sudden tempo change at the end. There's a hidden track on the song "Fireworks" that cracks me up.

Favorite song on the CD though goes to "It's Time To Rock (OK?)". It never fails to get me banging my hands on the steering wheel with the windows down and it turned up to an unhealthy volume. Even the screaming at the end isn't out of place or distasteful. I find myself screaming along (and I'm definitely NOT a screamer).

In short, if you like to rock out a bit, don't hesitate to get this CD. I should by CD's at random more often. Apparently I make good choices!

What are you waiting for? Go get it!

Mac

0 comments: