There are two words that have been running through my mind the past few days: Spring. Break. I'm four days away from being back at home, getting ready to head to the beach with two of my best friends and some other really awesome girls. I am SO ready for warmer weather. Me and forty degrees and lower don't get along well. In fact, we are pretty much arch enemies. My legs need to visit their friend Sun again. They have missed him. I'm ready to strap on my chacos and a tshirt and head to the beach, just to relax. I'm ready to write songs with my friend Amanda at midnight as we look out over the sea. I'm ready to eat real food, not a cafeteria excuse for food. I'm ready to reflect on things that have been waring within me.
Sunday, February 28, 2010
SB 2010: Hopes and Aspirations
More than anything, I'm ready to be away from school for a while. The first half of the semester has been really difficult. Yeah, school has been hard, but it's been more than that. A lot of changes have occurred. I have found out things about myself that are requiring some soul searching and a lot of prayer. I need to uninterrupted time to reflect and journal and process this. I know I will come out a better friend, girlfriend, sister, daughter, and person in general afterwards. Life is just in constant overdrive here at school with nineteen hours of classes and a load of other things, so real reflection has been hard. I'm ready to look it all over so that I can finish out this semester strong, practicing the things that I need to get better at. I want to end this semester on a good note so that I can go into camp with a fresh mind and prepared heart.
So beach trip, spring break 2010. It's gonna be big.
To be continued...
Posted by
MacKenzie
at
9:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment