Normally those two words don't belong together, but they kind of describes my day.
Woke up, and after almost three hours of video games, the boys decided they wanted to go to the park and play. So we grabbed the nerf football and headed to the neighborhood park that has this huge field and playground. We had our version of a football game: chase whoever had the football, tackle that person, then throw the newly acquired football at somebody's face. It was so much fun rolling around in the grass like a little kid again, wrestling my sister and cousins to the ground. After a while we got tired and headed back to the house just in time to see the Aggie vs. Longhorn game. Gig 'Em Aggies..and we beat Texas again 38-30. Oh how great was that victory! I had to leave for work at halftime, so I brought my sister's old clock/alarm/radio to work with me and had my ear attached to it the first hour and a half.
After a long day of work I came home and had my own little mini-concert in my room. I played the tar out of my guitar until the parents came home. Mellowed me out though. I've been listening to really chill-out music (Leeland, Bethany Dillon, Shawn McDonald), but I just switched over to the new b-sides Anberlin album. The words of Leeland are still in my head though:
"Fighting thoughts of fear
And wondering why He called my name
Am I good enough to share this cup
This world has left me lame
Even in my weakness
The Savior called my name
In His Holy presence
I’m healed and unashamed"
In the spirit of giving thanks, I have to say number one on my list of things I'm thankful for is the fact that God loves me despite my weakness and flaws. I'm so messed up, and He knows me inside and out, and He still loves me. I don't know where I would be today without knowing that. Some other things I'm thankful for though:
2. Music because it has a way of speaking to me that regular conversations can't because it is unafraid to be bold and yet vulnerable.
3. A great family who, despite my grouchy morning hours, puts up with my nuttiness.
4. The group of friends I have that know and love the real me, not the mask I used to wear.
5. Chacos--the most comfortable shoes for any type of weather.
6. Photography for being able to capture how the world truly is.
7. My guitars because sometimes I feel they are the only way I can get it all out of me without exploding.
8. Sonic route 44 sweet peach vanilla iced tea
Well now it's 1:30am and I will have 6 years olds jumping on me at 7:00am so I can help them win Super Mario 64. Oh yeah, thats right, the N64 folks.
Until next time, be blessed!
Mac
Friday, November 23, 2007
Football and Relaxation
Posted by
MacKenzie
at
10:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment