CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Blonde Balls of Cuteness

So I have the cutest cousins in the entire world. On my mom's side, I am the oldest cousin (by many years). My mom's sister and her husband and three boys are in town for Thanksgiving from Wisconsin, the land of dairy, although they don't eat much cheese. ANYWAYS, i get to spend an entire week with the cutest little blond boys that ever walked the earth. So far we've played endless hours of video games, had pillow fights, taken a dip in the heated pool, and given many hugs and kisses. Although I love these boys, and there is nothing they could do that would change that, they tend to get a little whiny. I mean, cmon, three boys with no sleep, of course they get cranky. Come bed time, the youngest (i think he's four?) will cry because he doesn't get to lay on at the same height as his brothers. The oldest will whine that he is hungry, although we tried to get him to eat dinner for an hour. The middle one just runs around until we catch him and trap him under the sheets. Once they are crying on the floor though, they decide it's time to listen to "Bakenzie" and get into bed. Despite their whining and will to completely ignore many things I tell them to do, I love them death.

Kind of like the love of God huh? I love spending time with God and enjoying his presence. I'm having a great time and I can sense His love all around me. Then He asks me to do something and I become restless and begin to squirm. He calls me to something and I begin to whine that I don't want to, or that I don't have time. I continue to run around and complain until finally I fall on my face broken. It is then that I realize what God had for me was SO much better than what I wanted to do. It takes me falling on my knees to realize that He is right and that I don't know what I want. It is during these times that I question why God loves me. I'm so stubborn and I NEVER listen. I'm a dirty sinner, yet there is nothing I could do that would make him love me less. Wow grace is beautiful.

That's what I'll leave you with.

Be blessed!
Mac

0 comments: